Hannibal’s March: The Board Game

While searching in the library for a topic, wasting multiple days, as the procrastinator I am, I chose to research Hannibal’s Army which was, incredibly, not taken yet. I had thought the whole story of Hannibal was very intriguing, great general forced to go on the run from the Romans and eventually kill himself, but didn’t want to learn more about that. Want I really wanted to know about was how he had built his army. I had to start fast, it was almost the end of the second week. After barely researching enough to know that Hannibal used a ton of different soldiers from different places along with bringing elephants over the alps, I still had not started my project. Finally near the end of the third week I began building the board game. My partner and I finished the project during the last Friday of the school year.

The main facts of Hannibal’s army are this. They were comprised of warrior’s from Gaul, Libya along with Spain. All these soldiers brought with them different cultures and fighting styles. This really goes to show how good of a general Hannibal was. The fact that he could bring all these men together in an effective attack on Rome was incredible. Sadly this was during Rome’s great conquest, and as soon as the legionaries heard word of this attack they turned towards Hannibal’s home, Carthage. Hannibal was forced to retreat to the city but by the time he got there, a peace treaty was already being agreed upon. Not wanting to be killed, Hannibal fled, finally killing himself as not to be humiliated by the Romans.

This is our Cards and our board game. You role a dice, travel the distance shown on the dice and draw a card. You then follow the instructions on the card. The green is the land, the white is the mountains and the blue is the ocean. If you check google maps you will see that our map is practically the same thing.