The Making of the Product

The Making of the Product

For my group’s project, we decided to research how Roman religion affected daily life. We researched the importance of different gods/goddesses in the house and outside. We learned about festivals like Saturnalia and household gods/goddesses like Vesta.  Our product was a model of a Roman house, we created it to show where different gods/goddesses were. One of my group members has a tour through the house.

This is the base of our model. We were making a Roman house. In the house, we have different rooms. Another member of my group goes into more detail about the house.

We are making the atrium. We cut up cardboard boxes and hot glued them onto the big box. When we were gluing the walls of the atrium, it was hard to get them to stand up straight. We solved this problem by making them lean in. This meant that they were leaning against the other walls and would stay up.

One of my members is painting a light layer of tan on the walls of the house. We were trying to make it look more realistic. It was difficult to paint the walls because we kept getting paint on the bottom. We fixed this problem by doing the floor last and as carefully as possible.

A member is making the lararium. The lararium is a place for worship in the Roman household. For more information about the lararium and surrounding areas, check out one of my partner’s blogs: Gods and Goddesses in Daily Life in the Roman Household.

This is the finished picture of the lararium. 

The picture on the right is of the making of the hearth. The hearth is another significant part of Roman religion. For more information check out my partner’s blog post.

The picture on the left is of the making of the fountain. The fountain is located in the pond in the garden.

In the picture to the right, we add the final touches to our model. We added doors to divide the different rooms.

This is the final product of our model. To take a tour of the house, check out my partner’s blog post: A Tour through the Roman House with Gods and Goddesses.

Works Cited

Adkins, Lesley, and Roy Adkins. Handbook to Life in Ancient Rome. Facts on File, 1994.

McGeough, Kevin M. “Origins of Roman religion.” World History: Ancient and Medieval Eras, ABC-Clio, ancienthistory.abc-clio.com/Search/Display/1603345?terms=Religion+&sType=quick. Accessed 22 May 2018.

McGeough, Kevin M. “Roman Religion in Domestic Life.” World History: Ancient and Medieval Eras, ABC-CLIO, 2018, ancienthistory.abc-clio.com/Search/Display/1603344. Accessed 3 June 2018.

Pope, Stephanie M. Cambridge Latin Course: Unit 3. Cambridge University Press, 2007.

Tschen-Emmons, James B. “Roman Religion.” World History: Ancient and Medieval Eras, ABC-CLIO, 2018, ancienthistory.abc-clio.com/Search/Display/583696. Accessed 31 May 2018.